SOAKING WET PANTIES

Monday, February 06, 2006

swimming upstream

Today’s lunch was an uphill battle—you know, the kind of battle where winning is almost a punishment.

The offerings were slim. I chose to avoid the fluorescent-yellow carrots and stool-sample kielbasa in favor of poached salmon and scalloped potatoes. The salmon was squeaky, but it went in with little difficulty until dry mouth set in. I doused the potatoes in pepper to encourage flavor, but by the end of the meal I was only eating them so that I didn’t have to look at them anymore.

Skeletor left his Tabasco-slaughtered potatoes on the table. Skeletor is such an only child.

This was a 1.5 star lunch, with negative points awarded for textural ambiguity.

The Salmon Queen, ultimate superfan of the Victoria Salmon Kings (not-so-gifted members of the ECHL Professional Hockey League):

1 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2006 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'stool-sample kielbasa' is right on the money. i was trying to think of fitting words as it was glaring up at me from my plate. sadly it fits with the taste, too. i should have tried some hot sauce... :( E.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home